Wednesday, February 3, 2016

That's Not What I Asked For

Prayer...

What a wonderful thing it can be. It can be peace, comfort, and joy. God loves when we come to Him in prayer and ask Him for help. But one thing I am learning about prayer is that it can be very scary at the same time. Sometimes when we go to the Lord in prayer we already have an answer in our minds on how God is going to help us.

Sometimes our answers are not His and now a question for you to ask yourself is are you ready to accept that He just might have a different plan. This plan might not look so good for you, it might seem like a really bad idea at the time and even at other times you might just see someone hurt.

God reminds us though... "My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the LORD. "Any my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9

Just imagine for a second that God has a better plan than the answer you had for your prayers. I know it's hard to think that He knows best especially when it comes to your life or someone you love dearly.

So when you are thinking that's not what I asked for and asking God why you are going through what you are facing remember you are not alone. He is with you!



2 comments:

  1. Would it be OK if I cross-posted this article to WriterBeat.com? I'll be sure to give you complete credit as the author. There is no fee, I'm simply trying to add more content diversity for our community and I liked what you wrote.

    If "OK" please let me know via email: AutumnAutumnCote@WriterBeat.com

    ReplyDelete